Many homeowners use their garage doors as front doors, which means their garage door openers are doing a lot of heavy lifting on a daily basis. That heavy lifting, in turn, means that the openers will require proactive maintenance to continue operating as desired.
Does your garage door opener need maintenance? If so, how often should you get your door opener inspected? Here’s a look at answers to those questions — plus more.
Things to Know in This Article:
- Do I Need Garage Door Opener Maintenance?
- How Often Do I Need Opener Maintenance?
- The Benefits of Opener Maintenance
- Get Maintenance in Seattle at DistribuDoors
Do I Need Garage Door Opener Maintenance?
Yes, your garage door opener and your garage door itself likely need maintenance. This is especially true if you haven’t had a professional look at your door and opener in the past year. A garage door technician can inspect your opener, provide a series of proactive maintenance services, plus make recommendations on minor repairs that can help you avoid emergency situations in the future.
How Often Do I Need Opener Maintenance?
The more you use your garage door, the more you should get its opener maintained. It’s best to get into a yearly or twice-yearly cadence of maintenance. Find a garage door service provider that makes it easy and affordable to schedule out maintenance tasks so that you don’t even have to think about it. An expert technician should simply show up on time to conduct the maintenance, and you should get to enjoy outstanding operation from your garage door opener.
The Benefits of Opener Maintenance
The benefits of opener maintenance are plentiful. When you get into a good maintenance rhythm and routine, you can enjoy the following:
- Longer garage door lifespan: A garage door opener that’s working at its peak potential will help your garage door operate at its peak potential too. An opener in good shape will allow your door to open and close as smoothly and effortlessly as possible, which means a longer lifespan and a great return on your investment in a garage door.
- Added value for your home: A garage door and its opener are important cogs in the day-to-day function and operation of your home. When you make sure your opener is working properly at all times, it will bring greater value to your home should you need to sell it.
- Long-run savings: The best part of proactive garage door maintenance is that it helps you avoid costly and inconvenient repairs. A good maintenance technician can identify problem areas before they spiral out of control into emergency situations.
There are plenty of other garage door maintenance benefits, but the ones listed above are typically the most important factors.
Get Maintenance in Seattle at DistribuDoors
When you need garage door maintenance in Seattle, trust the team of experts you’ll find at DistribuDoors. We can map out a service and maintenance plan for your garage door and its opener so that you can avoid emergency repairs and save money over time. No matter where you live in the Seattle area and no matter what type of garage door and opener you have, the DistribuDoors team is here to help.
Contact us today to learn more about the benefits of opener maintenance for your home.