When something goes wrong with the spring in your garage door, it can put your home’s main point of entry completely out of commission. The spring is a crucial part of the door, and while it can last anywhere from seven to 20 years, there’s no such thing as a spring that lasts forever.
If something goes wrong and it’s time for you to start seeking a garage door spring repair company in Seattle, look no further than DistribuDoors. We’ve been serving the area for more than 30 years, and we strive to bring our customers low prices and exceptional service.
Signs That You Need Garage Door Spring Repair or Replacement
There are several signs you can look for yourself to identify when your springs need professional work. While they may seem minor at first, they can lead to much more serious problems for your entire garage door system if you leave them unattended. You shouldn’t wait to schedule repairs from DistribuDoors if you notice any one of the following problems:
- Obvious spring damage: Visually inspect your entire garage door system regularly, including springs, to check for rust, gaps and other obvious problems.
- Noises: Any noises coming from your door require attention. If it has always made noises, you probably don’t need to worry. However, if it suddenly starts making persistent squeaking, clanking, grinding or other sounds, there’s a good chance your springs have lost elasticity and need replacement. Another sound you might hear is a single loud bang. Many homeowners have even misinterpreted this sound as an intruder in their garage. The springs are under a huge amount of tension, so they aren’t quiet when they snap.
- Failure of door to open completely: It’s common for a door to stop opening around the 6” mark if the springs are broken. Openers on the market typically come with several automatic safety features, and this is just one of them. If a door with broken springs opened, it could slam back down when it closes. If it doesn’t open the whole way in the first place, it can’t harm anybody.
- Slamming: If your door does manage to open with faulty springs, it won’t come down gently like functioning springs allow. All garage doors are extremely heavy, and without the support, they’re likely to slam shut dangerously. This has the potential to hurt you, members of your family, other parts of the door, etc. — just another reason you shouldn’t leave damaged springs without an immediate replacement.
- Crookedness or lack of balance in the system: Misalignment can arise from a number of issues, and a single worn out spring is a possible culprit. No matter what causes uneven movement, it shouldn’t be ignored.
- Failure of door to open: A final, quite clear problem that might indicate a broken spring is a door that won’t open at all and doesn’t respond to you pressing the open button. To test whether it’s the spring, carefully try to lift the door manually. If it won’t budge or is extremely difficult to maneuver, the counterbalance spring that makes the door easy to lift has probably snapped.
The Benefits of Preventative Maintenance
You should definitely request repairs from DistribuDoors if any one of the issues above present themselves. However, it’s never wise to wait for something to go wrong. Wear and tear on garage door springs and other door components is natural and will happen to any product over time, no matter how high quality.
Staying on top of your springs with preventative maintenance will extend their functional life. It will also help prevent bigger problems that lead to a complete system overhaul. Our team knows exactly what to look for, so don’t wait to call.
You can complete basic inspections yourself and keep an eye out for any problems, but it can be extremely dangerous to attempt in-depth maintenance, repairs or replacements without the proper expertise. Springs have a lot of tension, and they can cause serious injuries or damage if they snap with anything nearby.
Furthermore, the weight of the door should never be underestimated. Don’t take any risks. DistribuDoors provides a safe diagnosis and repair.
Contact DistribuDoors for Exceptional Services
We value each and every customer we serve throughout the Seattle area, and we think you’ll notice when you call us for a spring repair. There’s a reason we have an A+ rating from the Better Business Bureau and various positive reviews on Yelp, Angie’s List and other rating sites. When you choose DistribuDoors, you’ll have access to:
- Highly-trained, certified and background-checked employees who are never outsourced. This increases their consistency and maintains their knowledge of leading garage door technologies on the market as well as best practices for service.
- Accurate, free estimates that will never end in a surprise bill that includes hidden fees or much higher charges than you were expecting.
- Low prices for installations, maintenance and repairs and a right price guarantee that means we’ll charge 5% less than the amount on written estimates that you bring us from any one of our competitors.
- Preparedness that exceeds your expectations — we fully stock and equip our trucks for repairs so we’re ready for quick action at your location.
- Quality work done right the first time, every time.
As an exclusive Clopay® garage door dealer with products backed by the Good Housekeeping Seal of Approval, we know how to properly maintain and service springs from this leading garage door brand. Our team training doesn’t stop there, though. We can also repair and replace springs in doors from most leading brands on the market, including CHI, Wayne Dalton and more. For quick, efficient garage door spring repairs in Seattle, contact DistribuDoors online.