It’s not a surprise that the garage door is one of the most important parts of many homes and businesses. Not only is it a main point of entry for most property owners that gets opened and closed several times a day, but it also takes up a large percentage of the outside of any structure, significantly impacting appearance. What many people do not know, however, is how crucial a role the cables inside the garage door play to overall functionality. With broken cables, the door won’t work properly and can even be dangerous.
You need a garage door cable inspection and repair service in Seattle that you can trust, which is where DistribuDoors comes in. As a local, family-owned company that has been serving the region for more than 30 years, we want to apply our exceptional service and workmanship throughout the region to get your garage door cables in shape and keep your door running smoothly all year long. We offer inspection and, when necessary, repairs of your cables throughout the greater Seattle region.
Garage Door Cable Preventative Maintenance and Repair Services
Garage door cables hold the door’s heavy weight during movement, making them a crucial component for the door to operate properly and keep you and your family safe. The first step to keeping your cables in good shape throughout the year is regular inspection and preventative maintenance. While our products come from leading brands, cables and pulley systems naturally wear out over time no matter how high-quality they are. This means you should always keep an eye out for some of the most common warning signs:
- Hesitation or slow movement
- Halting when the door tries to open or close
- Dangling cables
- Noise from the door
While some of these issues might be due to other damaged components, you should never ignore them. Many residents wait to call a professional until they notice an issue. Regular maintenance can instead keep your garage door in better shape for much longer. While certain obvious issues are easy to spot when it comes to broken cables, our expert technicians know how to complete in-depth inspections to check for less obvious signs of wear and tear. They make adjustments and complete quick and affordable repairs when necessary.
The Dangers of Ignoring the Problem and DIY Repairs
Many property owners tend to ignore small issues like clanking noises or slower-than-usual operation until the garage door actually stops working. What they don’t know is that the warning signs often mean some component within the system is malfunctioning, which can lead to bigger issues. For instance, a slightly-worn cable is not a big deal, but if it goes unattended, it could snap and cause the garage door to slam to the ground. This series of events could dent or damage components throughout the entire system — a much more expensive situation.
It’s a good idea to complete basic visual inspections on your garage door and cables to look for obvious warning signs of a problem. Trying to complete in-depth inspections or repairs yourself without the proper expertise, however, can be extremely dangerous. Your garage door is heavy, and if a cable snaps, it could come crashing to the ground and injure anyone in its path. Furthermore, cables are packed with a huge amount of tension that could cause serious injury or even death in an accident. Trust the fully-trained DistribuDoors experts instead.
Why Choose DistribuDoors?
When you’re looking for a garage door company, it can be a stressful situation. You need a business you can trust, with professionals who get the job done right the first time, quickly and within your timeframe. At DistribuDoors, we have several positive references that speak for the quality work we do within any budget. We have an A+ rating from the Better Business Bureau, as well as countless positive reviews from satisfied customers on Angie’s List, Yelp and other big-name sites. Just a few other advantages that come from choosing DistribuDoors are:
- Accurate estimates: You don’t have to worry about any surprise post-service bills with hidden fees that were never discussed. We offer free and accurate estimates in the beginning to make sure our work fits within your budget.
- Low prices: Speaking of budgets, you can expect to find some of the lowest possible prices when you choose DistribuDoors. We want you to have a functioning garage door no matter what your bank account looks like, which is why we match any competitors’ written estimates by 5% with our right price guarantee.
- Regular employees: Outsourced workers are often inaccurate and inconsistent. At DistribuDoors, we train all of our employees ourselves once they have undergone an extensive background check and certification process. This way, you won’t be getting subcontractors, and you’ll know you can trust the people showing up to your home.
- Experience: We’re an exclusive dealer of Clopay® products, but our expertise doesn’t stop there. Whether we installed your garage doors initially or not, we probably have the experience to work on whatever type of door you have. Some of the leading brands we regularly service, cables and all, include Wayne Dalton, Northwest Door, CHI and more.
- Preparedness: Cables can snap at any time, and it isn’t always convenient. Luckily, we’re always ready to act and take care of the problem before it disrupts your life. Our fully-stocked and repair-ready trucks are equipped to head your way — just give us a call.
Don’t stress if your garage door cables become worn or even snap. You have a garage door company in Seattle you can trust with inspections, maintenance, repairs and more. Call DistribuDoors today to schedule your services.